"You know how sometimes people on your friend's list post about stuff going on in their life, and all of a sudden you think "Wait a minute? Since when are they working THERE? Since when are they dating HIM/HER? since when???" And then you wonder how you could have missed all that seemingly pretty standard information, but somehow you feel too ashamed to ask for clarification because it seems like info you *should* already know? It happens to all of us sometimes."above text and questions, below, stolen from glib_dichotomy
Please feel free to ask any additional questions. If I like it, I'll add it to the list. If I don't like it as much, then I'll just reply. I re-read my answers thoroughly and decided not to friends-lock this. If your question is that awesome, but something I'd like to keep private-er, then I'll make a friends-only post in response to it.
1. First Name: Peter. No, not "Pete".
2. Age: 24 until September 10.
3. Location: Right now? Clifton NJ, but I live in Harlem, NYC
4. Occupation: Systems Test Engineer for a defense contractor. Yeah, yeah, military-industrial complex, I know. I worry about the over-militarized nature of our economy, and I'm also concerned that I may get laid off if who I want to win in November does. To be fair, I don't make munitions, just communication systems. To be unfair, one of the three "domains" of the system I'm working on is for a "smart" minefield. Sorry.
5. Partner: My primary is erin_trying
(formerly of shoujo_mallet
). We live together in Harlem with five other people (some on LJ, some not). There is one new development on that front, but I'm not sure how hard or fast to pursue it, or if it's a good idea to do at all, but that's just my second-guessing nature.
6. Kids: Not at this time, thank you.
7. Brothers/Sisters: Two younger brothers. I'd link to them, but they don't believe in the Internet.
8. Pets: No, thank you.
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
1) Doing Tae Kwon Do just about as much as I can.
2) This week I'll be doing my first road race (outside of TKD camp), 3.5 miles in Central Park. I'm not worried, but I still think I could have trained more.
3) I love erin_trying
more every day.
4) After this summer, I will start taking courses in Security to prepare for an intra-company career change.
10. School: I have a BS in Electrical Engineering (with a Computer Engineering concentration) from RIT ('06). At this rate, I will have an MS in Electrical Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology by the end of this upcoming academic year ('09), and possibly also a Graduate Certificate in "CyberSecurity" by the same timeframe. The last two will be paid for, hopefully in full, by my employer (assuming I can keep my grades up, that is).
11. Parents: I have two. They live in Brooklyn, in the house I grew up in. One of the reasons I'm hesitant to have kids is that I don't think I could live up to even one-eighth their example.
12. Who are some of your closest friends?: Well, obviously erin_trying
. Outside of that, I guess Carrie [not linking unless she wants to], since we talk a lot. I still consider faboo
to be very close friends of mine, even though I rarely see them. I've become a lot closer with angst_pirate
since I started teaching her TKD. Of course, this answer is not intended to be complete, or even sane, so please don't be offended that I didn't keep adding to this list instead of going back to work.