So I know I haven't posted since I moved, but I'm not going to post about it yet.HOPE
is fun. Thus far I've:
- Listened to talks on:
- "Hacking the Palate" (food)
- Hacking Sex
- although I'd heard all the stuff before via my own studies as well as TES
- although I feel I helped to give this talk instead
- Community radio
- Wireless security and link maintainance
- The current political situation, and how the gov't should spend more money on "Open Source Security"
- Met MC Frontalot (yet again) and promised him that I'd be at his show tonight. You should come too!
- 9 pm at Club Midway at 25 Avenue B.
- Messed with the dumb terminals that someone brought over. Did not manage to get more than one working (and that one worked because it had a ROM chip that the others didn't)
- They were messed up because the ROM images supplied (for PXE boot) were corrupt. But one of them could boot into X, and I was one of the few people borking on it that knew how to xforward.
- Bought 3 T-shirts
- The HOPE 6 shirt
- An MC Frontalot Nerdcore Rising Tour shirt
- A babydoll tee that says "The Internet is a Series of Tubes" with an illustration of a uterus (including ovaries and fallopian tubes).
- Needless to say, that last one's for Erin
- QSO'ed with the special event call sign N6H. I'm going to try to ping them from here when I'm done with my shower.
- Ran into a couple I met at the Pride Parade
Any questions? Ask.