Write ten words beginning with that letter, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why.
Thanks to msanborn I got the letter "D", so here we go in no particular order:
1. Delight: If you cannot experience childlike delight, you have already died.
2. Death: The only thing that you must do yourself. You cannot avoid it, or make someone else do it.
3. Doom: A fun word to say. DOOOOOOM!
4. Daylight: The reason I have sunglasses. Although I do enjoy the feeling of sunlight on my skin.
5. Delete: The backwards backspace.
6. Dork: Whale dick1. Also: me.
7. Detritus: I try to cut off the detritus, but sometimes sentimentality gets the best of me. I'm not a full-scale hoarder by any means, but it can be difficult to get me to throw things out that I have not already decided should go.
8. Discordian: A philosophy where I don't have to take anything seriously (and if I do, I'm doing it wrong)? Precisely what my aneristic mind needs to take care of itself!
9. Diplomatic: I've been told I'm too diplomatic. Like the other day I asked a sales rep some questions. She had to put me on hold, and I apologized for the inconvenience. My dad chastized me: "It's her job!"
10. Dictionary: I almost refrained from looking in one to find the last word. Then realized that the title was enough. D'oh1!
1 Bonus D-word!!!
2 In addition, please note that the icon is a D-word!
2006-04-26 1155: kgola tagged me with the letter J
2006-04-29 1040: mountainheather tagged me with the letter F [friends-locked post, sorry]
2006-05-02 1431: misch tagged me with the letter Y.